GREAT SERVICE STARTS HERE
The marketplace for our clients to shop around to service their vehicles is highly competitive. You can help guide their decision with the combination of Acura training and ASE certifications. Your highly trained dealership staff along with ASE certifications will foster trust and confidence that their vehicle is in the best of hands.
ASE CERTIFICATION FOR ACURA DEALERSHIP EMPLOYEES
Acura is proud to partner with ASE and highly values the certifications earned by dealership staff. Obtaining ASE certifications helps to increase client confidence and set the expectation that they can expect a world class experience. They will trust that their vehicle is in the best of hands and will be fixed right the first time. Based on the certification(s) you achieve, you will receive online training credit based on the ASE tests listed below.
ACURA TRAINING CREDIT
609 - ASE Refrigerant Recovery and Recycling Review and Quiz
|Clean Air Act Compliance
A1 - Engine Repair
|Four-Stroke Engine Construction
|Pumping Theory & Cylinder Performance Testing
|Internal Engine Inspection
A2 - Automatic Transmission/Transaxle
Diagnosing A/T Leaks
A3 - Manual Drive Train & Axles
|M/T Principles of Operation
|M/T T/S & Diagnosis
|M/T Disassembly & Inspection Pt 1
A4 - Suspension & Steering
|Introduction to Suspension Systems
|Steering Suspension and Driveline Inspection
|Alignment Angle Basics
A5 - Brakes
|Brake Shoe Replacement
|Brake System Measurements
|Intro to Hydraulics
|Standard Braking System Components
|Diagnosing Brake Noise
A6 - Electrical/Electronic Systems
|Electrical Testing Tools
|Testing & Charging Batteries
|Basic Circuit Comp
|Basic Circuit Types
|Measuring Available Voltage
|Measuring Voltage Drop
A7 - Heating & Air Conditioning
|HVAC Airflow & Cable Adjustment
|A/C Refrigeration Principles
|A/C Component Operation & Service
|A/C System Checks & Inspection
|A/C Refrigeration ID & Recovery
|A/C System Evacuation & Charging
|HVAC Airflow Control Electrical
|Compressor & Fans Electrical
|Climate Control Components & Operation
A8 - Engine Performance
|Intro to Electronic Throttle Control
|Fundamentals of Fuel Injection
|Fundamentals of Ignition Systems
|Engine Operation & Dynamics
|Fuel System Hydraulics
P2 - Automobile Parts Specialist
|Ecomm Skills for Service and Parts
|Parts Counterperson Training
C1 - Automobile Service Consultant
|Accelerated Service Consultant Fundamentals
|Auto Technology Fundamentals for Advisors Workshop
|Brake System Operation & Maintenance
|Introduction to Suspension Systems
|Initiatorless and Initiator Type TPMS
|Vehicle Alignment Fundamentals
|Ecomm Skills for Parts and Service
|IS for Client Service Reps
|Making the Sale
|Service Operations Essentials Workshop
|Client Service Essentials
|Preparing to Make the Sale
|Making the Sale
|Writing the Repair Order
HOW TO RECEIVE ONLINE TRAINING CREDIT
E-mail the following information to the training center nearest to you: Full Name, DPTS ID, and attach your unexpired ASE certificate or myASE certification status letter in JPG or PDF file format./p>
- French Camp, California: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Torrance, California: email@example.com
- Englewood, Colorado: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Windsor Locks, Connecticut: email@example.com
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alpharetta, Georgia: email@example.com
- Hoffman Estates, Illinois: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mt. Laurel, New Jersey: email@example.com
- Troy, Ohio: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Portland, Oregon: email@example.com
- Irving, Texas: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Richmond, Virginia: email@example.com
If you have never registered for an ASE test, visit ASE.com and select the Create myASE Account link in the myASE login box. You will then be prompted through several screens to provide information about yourself to set up your account.
If you have already created a myASE account, then:
- Login to your myASE account.
- Select Company-Assigned ID.
- Select the Add Company-Assigned ID button.
- Select Acura from the Company drop-down menu and enter your DPTS ID and then select Submit.
- Select the Profile tab to review your information and check on your release status. Confirm that your information is correct.
- Select the "Release my ASE status to others" checkbox and then select the Submit button.
- Log in to your myASE account.
- Select Store link.
- Select the checkbox(s) for the ASE Certification Test(s) for which you wish to test.
- After going through several prompts, you can schedule your appointment. If you have multiple tests to schedule, you may also select the "Select All" checkbox.
- Then you can Find the Test Center that is most convenient for you and select the Schedule an Appointment link to find available locations.
- Once you have scheduled your test appointments you will be directed to an Appointment Confirmation page where you should see the correct date/time for your ASE Certification test(s). Select either the Print Registration Ticket button to print your registration ticket, or select Continue to complete the registration process.
If at any point you have trouble during the registration process for your ASE Certification test(s), email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact ASE Customer Service at 1-800-390-6789 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Eastern Time, Monday-Friday, except holidays. Operators are here to help guide you through the registration process and answer any and all questions you may have.
ASE Contact information
National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence
1503 Edwards Ferry Rd., NE Suite 401
Leesburg, VA 20176