GREAT SERVICE STARTS HERE
Our clients expect you to Fix Their Vehicle Right the First Time (F1) and have superior knowledge of the unique features and advanced technologies on their vehicles. Infiniti Certification offers you the chance to show your commitment to quality and industry pride in a job well done. Your ability to understand and maintain the sophisticated systems in Infiniti vehicles keeps your clients satisfied and their vehicles in peak operating condition.
INFINITI QUICK LINKS
MINIMUM TECHNICAL TRAINING REQUIREMENTS (MTTR)
Infiniti continues to focus on drivers to build your retailer’s service retention and profits. To support the F1 initiative, Infiniti implemented Minimum Techncial Training Requirements (MTTR), which provide specific service technician training requirements for Infiniti retailers. The requirements fall into two categories: Technician Orientation Program Certification and Shop Competency by Skill Area.
For questions regarding Minimum Service Training Requirements, or general questions regarding technical training, please contact your local training center:
- Atlanta Training Center: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chicago Training Center: email@example.com
- Columbus Training Center: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dallas Training Center: email@example.com
- Fort Lauderdale Training Center: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Houston Training Center: email@example.com
- Livermore Training Center: firstname.lastname@example.org
- National Training Center (Franklin, TN): email@example.com
- Ontario Training Center: losangelestrainingCenter@nissan-usa.com
- Seattle Training Center: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Somerset Training Center: email@example.com
- Washington DC Training Center: firstname.lastname@example.org
TECHNICIAN ORIENTATION PROGRAM CERTIFICATION
The Technician Orientation Program Certification consists of web-based e-learning courses and web-based Service Information Resource (SIR) videos and web-based post-tests. All training elements are online and can be completed in 4-6 hours. They must be completed within 45 days of employment or warranty claims with your technician ID will suspend.
The Technician Orientation Program Certification specialty areas cover topics such as: brand orientation, F1, vehicle repair process, repair order documentation, ASIST, CONSULT-III plus, service manual familiarization, vehicle maintenance requirements, electrical fundamentals, essential tools, pre-delivery inspection, and more.
SHOP COMPETENCY BY SKILL AREA
Retailers are required to have a minimum number of Service Technicians trained in each of the four core training specialty (skill) areas: Electrical, Engine, Chassis and Driveline. The minimum number of trained technicians required in each skill area is based upon the total number of technicians employed by the retailer.
SPECIALTY (SKILL) AREAS
BECOMING A CERTIFIED INFINITI TECHNICIAN
Infiniti KEI (Knowledge, Enrichment, and Integrity) is the Infiniti certification and recognition program for technicians. The status you earn through the program demonstrates that you have the knowledge, skills, and competency to perform your job at a very high level.
KEI is divided into four specialty areas:
Each specialty area is comprised of specific ASE Certifications, instructor-led courses, and web-based courses.
Electrical Specialist Requirements
- A6 — Electrical/Electronic Systems
- A7 — Heating and Air Conditioning
- Nissan & Infiniti Basic Electrical Concepts
- Advanced Electrical Diagnosis
- Climate Control Systems Operation & Diagnosis
- Introduction to Basic Electrical Concepts
- Introduction to HVAC Systems
- Introduction to Advanced Electrical Diagnosis
Engine Specialist Requirements
- A1 — Engine Repair
- A8 — Engine Performance
- Engine Mechanical Service
- Engine Control Systems Operation & Diagnosis
- OBD II Systems Operation and Diagnosis
- Introduction to Engine Mechanical Service
- Introduction to Engine Control Systems
- Introduction to CONSULT-III plus Functions
- Introduction to OBD II Systems
Chassis Specialist Requirements
- A4 — Suspension and Steering
- A5 — Brakes
- Noise, Vibration & Harshness
- Chassis Systems Diagnosis & Repair
- Introduction to Noise, Vibration & Harshness
- Introduction to Chassis Systems
- Infiniti Chassis Systems Diagnosis & Repair
Driveline Specialist Requirements
- A2 — Automatic Transmission/Transaxle
- A3 — Manual Drivetrain and Axles
- Noise, Vibration & Harshness
- Transmission Diagnosis & Repair
- Introduction to Noise, Vibration & Harshness
- Automatic Transmission Operation & Diagnosis
- Manual Transmission Operation & Diagnosis
KEI offers five levels of achievement. Your achievement level is determined by how many specialty areas you complete.
|Trainee||Technician Orientation Program Certification|
|Technician||Any Instructor-led Course|
|Specialist||Any One Specialty Area (excluding DFRT & Hybrid)|
|Senior Specialist||Any Two Specialty Areas (excluding DFRT & Hybrid)|
|Master Technician||All Four Specialty Areas (plus New Model Training excluding DFRT & Hybrid)|
If you have never registered for an ASE test, visit ASE.com and select the Create myASE Account link in the myASE login box. You will then be prompted through several screens to provide information about yourself to set up your account.
To ensure that ASE Certification results are communicated to Infiniti properly, new technicians must enter their Infiniti University ASE ID on the ASE website.
This procedure applies only to technicians registered with Infiniti University on or after December 18, 2012. Technicians registered before that date do not need to enter their ID, as ASE has already permanently stored their association with Infiniti.
To enter your Infiniti University ASE ID on the ASE website, follow these steps:
If you have already created a myASE account, then:
- Login to your myASE account.
- Select Company-Assigned ID.
- Select the Add Company-Assigned ID button.
- Select Infiniti from the Company drop-down menu and enter your Infiniti University ASE ID and then select Submit.
- Select the Profile tab to review your information and check on your release status. Confirm that your information is correct.
- Select the "Release my ASE status to others" checkbox and then select the Submit button.
- Log in to your myASE account.
- Select Store link.
- Select the checkbox(s) for the ASE Certification Test(s) for which you wish to test.
- After going through several prompts, you can schedule your appointment. If you have multiple tests to schedule, you may also select the "Select All" checkbox.
- Then you can Find the Test Center that is most convenient for you and select the Schedule an Appointment link to find available locations.
- Once you have scheduled your test appointments you will be directed to an Appointment Confirmation page where you should see the correct date/time for your ASE Certification test(s). Select either the Print Registration Ticket button to print your registration ticket, or select Continue to complete the registration process.
- Certification Tests (except L1, L2, and L3): $53 each
- Advanced Level Tests (L1, L2, and L3): $106 each
- Recertification Tests (except L1, L2, and L3): $53 each. Recertification Tests fees are capped at $159, so the most anyone would pay to recertify in a single order is $193 – no matter how many recertification tests are purchased.
- Registration Fee: $34 per order
- Military Tactical Wheeled Vehicles (TWV) Test Fees: $85 each
- ASE is required to collect sales tax on applicable purchases in AR, AZ, CA, CO, HI, MD, ME, NC, NE, NJ, NM, NY, OH, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA and WV.
If at any point you have trouble during the registration process for your ASE Certification test(s), email us at email@example.com, or contact ASE Customer Service at 1-800-390-6789 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Eastern Time, Monday-Friday, except holidays. Operators are here to help guide you through the registration process and answer any and all questions that you may have.
ASE Contact information
National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence
1503 Edwards Ferry Rd., NE Suite 401
Leesburg, VA 20176