GREAT SERVICE STARTS HERE
O'Reilly Automotive intends to be the dominant supplier of auto parts in our market areas by offering our retail customers, professional installers, and jobbers the best combination of price and quality provided with the highest possible service level.
The National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) is an independent, non-profit organization that has worked to improve the quality of vehicle repair and service by testing and certifying automotive professionals since 1972. ASE promotes excellence in vehicle repair, service, and parts distribution. ASE certification is nationally recognized and demonstrates to our customers that we are Professional Parts People. O’Reilly Auto Parts strongly supports ASE certification, and all parts specialists are encouraged to participate and become ASE certified.
ASE testing is available year-round. When you register for an ASE Certification Test, you will have 90 days from the original date of purchase to schedule an appointment and take your test.
PREPARING FOR THE TEST
- The Official ASE Practice Tests are available for purchase and delivered exclusively online. You can try out questions of similar content and format to those used on the real ASE certification tests. The practice tests provide feedback in the form of a performance report with explanations for both correct and incorrect answers.
- The free ASE Study Guides help you gauge your test readiness and are available for download in PDF format. They include details on the individual tests and sample questions.
- Click here to view the entire Test Prep & Training section of the ASE website.
ASE REGISTRATION AND TESTING PROCESS HIGHLIGHTS
Team members interested in registering for the ASE Automobile Parts Specialist certification test (P2) may do so by visiting the ASE website at ASE.com and logging in to myASE or by calling ASE’s testing partner, Prometric, at 1-877-347-9327 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday – Friday.
- When creating your ASE profile if you don’t already have one, make sure you add O’Reilly in Springfield MO 65802 as your employer to your new or existing myASE account. Do not add your home store information.
- Be sure to add your O’Reilly company assigned ID (team member number) to your myASE account.
- On the Education and Preferences screen, make sure the “Release my ASE status to others” box includes a check mark.
- To become ASE certified for P2, you must pass the test and have at least two years of full-time, hands-on experience as a parts counterperson or managing a wholesale or retail parts store or in-house parts department. Be sure to fill out ASE’s work experience form at https://workexp.ase.com/.
O’Reilly team members will be responsible for paying the applicable registration and test fees. Once O’Reilly Auto Parts receives test results from ASE, approved team members who passed the ASE P2 or P2R test will receive reimbursement for these fees
ASE TEST REGISTRATION SCHEDULE
- For complete details about the ASE testing and certification program, click here.
If you have never registered for an ASE test, visit myASE, you will then be prompted through several screens to provide information about yourself to set up your account.
If you have already created a myASE account, then:
- Log in to your myASE account.
- Select Company-Assigned ID.
- Select the Add Company-Assigned ID button.
- Select O'Reilly Auto Parts from the Company drop-down menu and enter your team member number (not your counter number) in the Company-Assigned ID field and then select Submit.
- Select the Profile tab to review your information and check on your release status. Confirm that your information is correct.
- Select the "Release my ASE status to others" checkbox and then select the Submit button.
- Log in to your myASE account.
- Select Store link.
- Select the checkbox(s) for the ASE Certification Test(s) for which you wish to test.
- After going through several prompts, you can schedule your appointment. If you have multiple tests to schedule, you may also select the "Select All" checkbox.
- Then you can Find the Test Center that is most convenient for you and select the Schedule an Appointment link to find available locations.
- Once you have scheduled your test appointments you will be directed to an Appointment Confirmation page where you should see the correct date/time for your ASE Certification test(s). Select either the Print Registration Ticket button to print your registration ticket, or select Continue to complete the registration process.
Please direct all questions to Christina Bowgen, (417) 862-2674 x 1572.
ASE Contact information
National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence
1503 Edwards Ferry Rd., NE Suite 401
Leesburg, VA 20176