Prometric’s ProProctor online remote proctoring platform has two goals: one is to bring you a reliable, convenient, and valid way to take most recertification tests, and the other is to make your testing experience as stress free as possible.
ProProctor gives you greater flexibility to choose where to test, when to test, and how to test. It is a reliable, convenient – yet secure – testing experience.
ProProctor support tools show you how to prepare for your test day so that you’ll be less nervous when the time comes. We believe that the more you know about what to expect in advance, the more comfortable you will feel testing remotely.
Your office or home setting must meet the following requirements:
- Testing location must be indoors (walled), well lit, free from background noise and disruptions.
- No third party may be present in the room or enter the room for the duration of the test. If this occurs, your test will be terminated and/or your results invalidated.
- Your workstation and surrounding area must be free of pens, paper, electronic devices, etc. Content that could potentially provide an unfair advantage during your test, including that posted on walls or within your immediate area, should not be present during your test.
- Two tissues are permitted at your workstation but must be inspected by the Proctor prior to starting testing.
Virtual Test Center Procedures
An original, valid (unexpired), government issued photo and signature bearing identification is required to take a test. Check your test appointment confirmation email for specific requirements.
- You will be required to show your workstation and surrounding area.
- You will be required to empty and turn all pockets inside-out and raise shirt sleeves above your wrists prior to every entry into the online test. If you are wearing eyeglasses, you will be required to remove them for visual inspection to ensure they don’t contain a recording device. In addition, large jewelry items must be removed.
- If you have long hair that covers your ears, you will be asked to pull your hair back to ensure nothing is attached to your ear that could provide an unfair advantage (such as a Bluetooth earpiece).
- Leaving the camera view while the test is in progress is strictly prohibited and will result in the test being terminated and your results being invalidated.
- Laptop/PC Power Source
- Please plug your device directly into a power source, unattached from a docking station.
- Screen Resolution
- Recommended resolution: 1920 x 1080
- Minimum resolution required: 1024 x 768
- Minimum recommended screen scaling: 100%
- Operating System
- Official builds of Windows 8.1 or higher and MacOS 10.13 or higher (*note iPad/Android tablets are not currently supported. Microsoft Surface or similar can be used only when configured in laptop mode).
- Audio Hardware
- Working speakers and microphone required, wired headphone and microphone allowed. Bluetooth headsets are not supported.
- Computer volume must be turned up prior to entering the testing environment.
- Internet Connection
- Speed 1.0 Mbps or greater
Position your device where you can receive the strongest signal. For the best experience, use an Ethernet cable to connect directly to the router, and make sure there is no additional load on your Wi-Fi connection from other users such as streaming videos, music, or games. Lack of signal strength during your test may cause you to lose connection to our system (your test). No VPNs or virtual machines are supported.
IMPORTANT: To ensure a seamless security check-in process, we require that you take your test using an undocked computer with a movable web-camera.
BE ADVISED: You must be using only a laptop or desktop computer for your test. No dual-monitor configurations are permitted for testing (i.e.: a desktop with two monitors or a laptop with a separate monitor).
Before Test Day
1. Download & Install ProProctor Application
Before test day, download and install the ProProctor application that delivers your test. Follow the instructions provided on the page. If the downloaded launch is blocked by your computer’s firewall, follow the additional instructions hyperlinked below for adding the software to your computer’s whitelisted application list on either a MAC or Windows computer.
*For Mac specific guidance, see Appendix at the bottom of this page.
2. Conduct a System Readiness Check
Open the ProProctor application. Enter your appointment confirmation number and the first four (4) letters of your last name/surname. Click CHECK MY SYSTEM to complete the System Readiness Check.
On Test Day
Launch Your Test
On test day, launch your exam by entering your appointment confirmation number (found on your test appointment confirmation email) and the first four (4) letters of your last name/ surname. You should launch your test 15 minutes before the scheduled start time so that you can complete the inspection of your testing environment. If you completed the System Readiness Check before test day, click TAKE MY EXAM.
On the day of your test, please make sure you allow 15 minutes to prepare your testing environment. When you are comfortably sitting at your workstation go to the Prometric ProProctor site at https://rpcandidate.prometric.com and launch your test. The easy-to-follow, self-serve check-in process will guide through the final preparations before you are greeted by a Prometric Readiness Agent. Close doors to the room you are working in, including doors to closets and visible bathrooms.
1. Image Capture
Simply position your face using the guides on the screen and click the CAPTURE button. Make sure you check that the image clearly shows your face and is not blurry. Click ACCEPT.
2. ID Capture
Position your ID using the guides on the screen and click the CAPTURE button. Make sure you check that all text is readable. Be sure to use only a government-issued, non-expired ID. For specific identification requirements, check your test appointment confirmation email. Once complete, click ACCEPT.
3. Readiness Checklist
Next, before you are met by a Prometric Readiness Agent who will complete the check-in process, review and become familiar with the Readiness Checklist, which will walk you through what to expect.
Meeting Your Prometric Readiness Agent
Your Prometric Readiness Agent will guide you through three security checks before launching your test.
1. Candidate Detail Information
Your readiness agent will confirm your name, email address, and test details with you via video chat.
2. 360˚ Environmental Check
Your Readiness Agent will ask you to provide a 360˚ view of your environment using your webcam. Your agent will also ask you to scan your work surface using your webcam. During this step, your Readiness Agent will ask to inspect things such as bookshelves, wall hangings, as well as electronic devices. It is recommended to have a large bedsheet or linen available if asked to cover any area of clutter.
IMPORTANT: Do not have your laptop connected to a docking station anytime during the setup of your test. This can cause connectivity issues. Make sure to clear your workspace and put away all personal items.
3. Candidate Person Check
Your Readiness Agent will ask you to stand up to do a scan of yourself. This scan will include – but is not limited to – conducting sleeve, pocket, glasses, and behind ear checks. Additionally, you will be asked to turn all pockets inside out.
IMPORTANT: To expedite the check-in process, please remember to empty your pockets prior to the visual check.
Taking the Test
Now you are ready to take your online proctored test. Although you will not see your Prometric Proctor, he/she will monitor you throughout the testing process and will be available to provide assistance at any point during your test. You can speak with or send a message to your Proctor when you need help by using the chat feature on the upper right of your screen. With this support function, you will be able to complete your test with peace of mind, knowing that your Proctor is virtually there with you at all times.
Prohibited Items and Examinee Conduct in the Virtual Test Center
The following items are prohibited while taking your remote proctored test:
- Unauthorized personal items may not be accessible while testing. Such items include, but are not limited to outerwear, hats, food, drinks, purses, bags or briefcases, notebooks, watches, cell phones, electronic devices, or wearable technology.
- Eating, drinking, smoking, and chewing gum are prohibited during the test.
- Written notes, published materials, and other testing aids are strictly prohibited.
- Light clothing items removed for comfort such as sweaters, suit jackets, scarves, etc., must be hung on the examinee’s chair, not placed in laps or on the workstation desktop. Outerwear such as heavy coats, parkas, raincoats, etc., is not permitted in the immediate testing area.
- While taking your remote proctored test, keep in mind:
- Changing location while testing, turning off lighting or audio, speaking to or receiving aid from other individuals is strictly prohibited.
- Candidates are required to be professional, civil, and respectful at all times while testing.
- All tests are continuously monitored by video and audio recording.
- The Remote Proctor (RP) is authorized to dismiss you from the test session for a violation of any of the Testing Regulations, including exhibiting abusive behavior towards the RP. If you are found to have violated any of the regulations during your test, the RP is required to notify Prometric and ASE.
The following item is permitted while taking your remote proctored test:
- One clear bottle of water with the label removed.
Prometric, alone or in conjunction with ASE, shall then take any further action necessary to sanction your conduct, up to and including invalidation of your test score and/or pursuit of civil or criminal charges. You acknowledge that you have no right to privacy at your current location during test delivery and that you waive any and all claims asserting a right to privacy.
If you do not wish to be recorded (either by video or audio), please notify the proctor immediately of your intent not to proceed with the test.
Note: ASE policies shall supersede these regulations if a conflict exists.
Confidentiality of Test Content/Systems
The remote proctoring application, computer-based test delivery system, tutorial, test content, and survey are the published, confidential, and proprietary materials or intellectual property of Prometric and/or ASE.
Communicating, publishing, reproducing, or transmitting any part of a test, in any form or by any means (e.g., verbal, electronic, written, etc.) for any purpose is strictly prohibited.
Any reproduction or disclosure will result in immediate notification to ASE and potential filing of administrative, civil and/or criminal charges against you and anyone directing or conspiring with you.
Remote Proctoring Environment: Do’s and Don’ts
- Test in an orderly, well-lit room or workspace
- Sit in an upright position
- Test alone for the entire test
- Have your computer on a table or desk
- Sit in a reclined position with the computer on your lap
- Test in a poorly-lit cluttered room or workspace
- Have people or pets present in the testing room
- Use a dual-monitor configuration
Registration and Scheduling Department
- If you need to schedule, reschedule, or cancel a test, go to your myASE account at my.ASE.com and select the Appointments Tab.
- To contact ProProctor:
- Toll Free – U.S., U.S. Territories and Canada: 1-800- 813-6779
- International: +1-443-455-6299 – Note that any international charges may apply
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require accommodations for any illness, learning or physical challenge, please contact ASE at 1-800-390-6789 for more information before scheduling an appointment.
Technical Support Link
PLEASE NOTE: If you require technical support before or during your test, please click on the link: https://ehelp.prometric.com/proproctor
Appendix for Mac Users
Installing the application
- After confirming your computer has successfully passed the system check you are ready to download the application by clicking the icon at the top of the system check page, “ProProctor App”. This will detect that the computer is running on a Mac OS and will download the “ProProctorSetup.dmg” file which is exclusively for installation on a Mac based OS:
- Next, locate the “ProProctorSetup.dmg” file in the “Downloads” folder.
- Click on “ProProctorSetup.dmg” file to execute the application installation. A dialogue box will open to show the progress of the installation process.
- From there, another window will open. You will need to move (drag) the “ProProctor” application icon over to the “Applications folder”.
- Next, adjust the computer settings to allow the ProProctor application to run on your computer. If you try to open the application without applying the following changes in System Preferences, you will be presented with the following dialogue prompt. ProProctor is pending app store and notarized developer status approval. To adjust this setting, go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy.
- Once in the “Security & Privacy” section, click on the padlock symbol on the bottom left of the “Security & Privacy” section as shown below. After you click on the padlock symbol, you will be prompted to enter your local username and password to make system changes. Next, select “Allow apps downloaded from: App Store and identified developers” and click on “Open Anyway”. Another prompt will open, select “Open”.
- Click on the Firewall tab and Turn the Firewall off.
- If the company does not allow the Firewall to be turned off, then click on Firewall Options button and ensure that the system is allowing incoming connections for the ProProctor application.
- Next go to the Privacy tab to add accessibility rules for ProProctor.
- In the left panel select Camera, then on the right side check the ProProctor app.
- In the left panel select Accessibility, then on the right side check the ProProctor app.
- Lastly, return to the web browser and go to https://rpcandidate.prometric.com/. If you are ready to take your test, click on the link at the top of the page called the “Launch Exam”.